Having fluttery, long eyelashes is very attractive and amplifies the face’s charm and youthfulness. However, not all of us are blessed with naturally thick and long lashes.
But this is not an issue to fret over. With several natural remedies and cosmetic products, one can have those lush, full and long eyelashes.
The question is, why do we actually need longer lashes?
Apart from being a beauty feature, eyelashes have many purposes.
Benefits of Having Long Lashes.
- Protects against dirt, dust, lint, and grime. Our eyes are extremely sensitive and prone to irritation, redness, and swelling. Longer eyelashes would shield the eyes and prevent debris from accumulating the eyes.
- Longer lashes are more attractive. Though beauty is subjective and depends from person to person, longer lashes make the person more appealing and Charming. They also make the eyes look wider.
- Longer eyelashes provide (some sort of) protection from the sun. It shields our eyes from UVA and UVB rays on the sun and filters the sunshine out of our eyes.
- Scientifically, lashes minimize the flow of air over the eyes. This prevents the person from having dry eyes constantly. Longer lashes will divert the airflow, acting as a passive dust-controlling system for the eyes. They reduce evaporation and particle deposition by up to 50%.
- Eyelashes are extra sensitive to the touch. As an automatic and reflexive response, eyelashes shut instantly when any object (or insect) is about to get in contact with the eyes, thus protecting our eyes from potential incoming danger.
- Longer lashes mean bigger and brighter eyes whatever be its shape or color.
- They’ll make you feel young and confident. Eyelashes highlight the white part of the eyes known as the sclera. The brighter it looks, the younger it makes you look and it will make your appearance look good.
Achieving longer lashes is not a big deal. With correct measures, longer lashes would be child’s play.
How to get longer lashes.
- While trying to grow out lashes, the best thing you can do is go easy on them. Choose a gentle makeup remover and mascara that comes off easily. Use waterproof mascara as less as possible as it is quite hard to come off.
- Step away from lash curlers and lash adhesive as they damage your natural lashes while growing.
- Apply natural oils and gels if you don’t want to use chemicals or are wary of them on your lashes. Using moisturizing agents like castor oil, coconut oil, and aloe vera gel helps in encouraging hair growth, nourishes lashes, and prevents breakage.
- Brush your eyelashes regularly. Brushing will help distribute natural oils to lashes and keep them looking long, separated, and nourished.
- Taking biotin supplements will ensure a future of long lashes. Its anti-inflammatory properties. Omega-3 fatty acids will strengthen and protect the hair and combat hair loss too.
- Green tea is well known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It may help in soothing eyelids, hydrating eyelashes, and boosting hair growth.
- Use lash growth serums or eyelash conditioners. They are the most effective ways of growing lashes without any adverse effects. Even clinical studies show that eyelash serums make lashes thicker, stronger, and longer.
Benefits of using Eyelash serums and conditioners.
To prevent ruining or losing the eyelashes, eyelash conditioners and eyelash growth serums are the best-known options to get fuller, lush eyelashes.
While there is not much difference between the two, lash serum is applied with the PM skincare routine and helps you in achieving longer-looking lashes whereas eyelash conditioner is included in the AM routine and helps in amplifying the lashes for a fuller look.
Both products share many of the same nourishing ingredients like sodium hyaluronate, chamomile, and biotin.
BENEFITS OF USING EYELASH CONDITIONER
Conditioners help eyelashes in the same way they treat the scalp:- by softening hair themselves and smoothening the outer layer of the hair.
A conditioner will improve the appearance of eyelashes by making them look fuller and longer.
Furthermore, it will help in strengthening eyelashes. You will no longer have thin and sparse eyelashes.
Not only will it help lashes to grow stronger and resistant to breakage but also will enhance your appearance by adding an instant touch of youth and beauty with no makeup required.
In addition to this, you’ll no longer have to suffer the pain of applying false lashes or getting eyelash extensions as It will promote the natural growth of the eyelashes.
BENEFITS OF USING EYELASH SERUM.
Similar to the conditioner and rich in vitamins and peptides, eyelash serum promotes hair growth in eyelashes and eyebrows.
The use of the best lash serum will not only help you in retaining healthy hair but also increase the speed of eyelash growth and will provide hydration to eyelashes.
Applying two healthy coats of the best eyelash serum will suffice the need of getting healthier lashes and a bolder-looking lash line.
Eyelash serums are safe to use and can be used by anyone, even those who’ve gone through chemotherapy, to encourage regrowth.
Applying lash conditioner in the morning and serum before sleeping will eventually lead to longer, stronger, and fluttery eyelashes.
It is necessary to follow the routine religiously to get the best results.
And since there will be no need of putting on false lashes, or getting lash lift treatments, you are less inclined to get eye irritation and infections as your natural lashes are stronger and longer, serving as a barrier to every foreign particle.
Moreover, it’ll save money in the long run as you don’t have to spend a dime on any lash lift treatments or lash extensions.
Some well known and effective lash serums are RevitaLash Advanced Eyelash conditioner, RapidLash eyelash enhancing serum, LASHFOOD Phyto-medic eyelash enhancing serum, vegaLash volumizing serum, etc.