Laminate flooring offers a wide variety of choices to the consumer, along with the giving a lot of options they also have many other benefits such as durability, easy maintenance, suitable alternative to solid hardwood flooring and give a hazel-free floor. Like Woodpecker Flooring UK flooring options which are great replacements for hardwood flooring.
As they are easy to install, they can be replaced quickly and easily. Not only this they are easy to install, resistant to scratches and moisture.
Laminates are made from wood but not from solid wood. Just like other flooring options laminate also possess pros and cons and have some problems over time and become a target of critics but Laminate flooring manufacturers have been working hard on its improvements.
Maintenance and Repair of laminate floors are easy as they are easy to clean with a vacuum or broom. Mop with a slightly damp mop, or better yet, use laminate floor cleaner. No floor waxing is ever necessary for laminate floors
The photographic layer underneath laminate flooring protects it and makes it somewhat resistant to scratches and dents, and much resistant to stains. The inability to sand and refinish is a major disadvantage of laminate flooring.
Here are some other most common problems with laminate flooring that homeowners face, and possible solutions to them.
- Slippery nature makes it more dangerous when it gets wet. The walking person can slide and fall to the floor. Unfortunately, this can happen also when the floor is dry, especially in socks. The only solution to this problem is vigilance whilst walking around the room.
- Bubbling is another issue with the laminate floors, it happens when spills on the floor present and clean quickly, they will cause damage to the board as it seeps down the floor .This creates an unsightly look and causes the surface of the board to bubble.
- The best way to solve this problem is to clean the spill immediately or in the worst case of damage you can also replace the boards with spare boards.
- Color fading with the passage of time, laminate flooring can fade, no matter how less sunlight it is exposed to. It all depends on the quality of floor you have,
- The one solution you can do is to control the exposure of sunlight in your room. The logical step is to adjust the window covering or you can also cover your floor exposed to sunlight areas with rugs.
- A common problem with laminate boards is peaking, also known as crowning the lifting up of board. Reason behind this issue is often climate or weather related, especially if you are a dweller of wet or very dry climate. Peaking is often the result, when there is a lack of room for expansion
- Laminate flooring problems aren’t easily resolved but one of the best ways to get rid of these issues in the first place is the smart installation practices, and do not compromise on the product quality while picking up the laminate board for flooring .